What is Menopause
Menopause is the time in a woman's life when she stops having monthly menstruation cycle, the permanent end of menstruation periods. Woman is said to have attained menopause 12 months after the last menstrual period.
Menopause is a natural biological process, usually occurs between the ages of 45 and 55. At this time, her ovaries stop releasing eggs and stop making the hormones estrogen and progesterone. Because of such hormonal changes, she feels several physical and emotional symptoms of menopause. These symptoms are different for different women such as irregular sleep patterns, anxiety, lower energy levels, hot flashes or feelings of sadness and loss.
- periods more or less often than usual
- bleeding lasts for fewer days than before
- Skip one or more periods
- Trouble concentrating or remembering things
- decreased libido and fatigue
- urinary incontinence, recurrent urine infections
- During the transition to menopause, many women start having symptoms of depression or anxiety
- Hot flashes generally start happening before you stop having periods.
- Sleep problems
- Vaginal dryness –vagina and tissues near the vagina become dry and thin.
- We help women with Menopause with multi disciplinary approach and immense care. As being foremost Menopause Clinic in Ahmedabad, NISHA HOSPITAL provides effective treatment including hormone therapy, lifestyle adjustments, counseling and medication.